Can I take classes from East Georgia State College before I graduate from high school?

Yes, you can through our Dual Enrollment program.

What are the requirements to participate in the Dual Enrollment program?

Currently students are eligible for Dual Enrollment if the student can show qualifying test scores with a high school GPA of at least 3.0.

What is the EGSC - Statesboro location?

EGSC-S is a collaboration with Georgia Southern to allow students to enroll in East Georgia classes as well as access available student services on the Georgia Southern University campus.

What is the EGSC - Augusta location?

EGSC-A is a collaboration with Augusta University to allow students to enroll in East Georgia classes as well as access available student services on the Augusta University campus.

What are the minimum admission requirements for high school graduates?

Students must have high school or college GPA of at least 2.0 or passing GED scores. Students that receive a Certificate of Attendance or Performance/Special Education diploma will be required to get a GED before acceptance. Students not meeting the GPA requirement will be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.

I have a GED but my high school class has not graduated yet. Can I attend EGSC?

Students who submit GED scores prior to their graduating class will be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.

Are students required to take the SAT or ACT test?

East Georgia State College no longer requires the SAT or ACT for admission purposes. Students that have scores are asked to submit their scores as they may be able to exempt Learning Support co-requisite courses.

What are the 17 Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) units?

Please review the USG Staying on Course guide (PDF) for details.

What if I do not have the Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) units? How will I satisfy those requirements?

You will be required to take ONE additional course in the area in which you are deficient. The course will count in your cumulative GPA and the course will count toward degree credit and in your transferable hours. You must earn a minimum of a ‘C’ in these courses. Only one course in the deficient area is required.

Where can I complete the Admissions Application?

Applications should be submitted online through GaFutures website.

How will I know if I am admitted?

Following receipt of your admission application and all required documentation, your application will be reviewed. You will receive a phone call, email, and letter stating whether you have been accepted.

*Due to the amount of paperwork coming in, it can take up to three weeks for notification of acceptance or denial.

What do you mean by required documentation?

All applicants are required to complete an admission application, provide official high school transcripts, any and all prior college or technical school transcripts, and immunization records. Failure to provide this documentation can prevent or delay acceptance and or registration.

If I am accepted to East Georgia State College, what is my next step?

You will need to check your status to see any outstanding documents needed for your file. You can also visit the accepted students page for a checklist to review.

What Immunization records/shots are required?

All students must provide documentation from their physician, health department, etc. that they have been immunized for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR1/MMR2), Tetanus-Diphtheria Vaccine (MTD), and proof of Chicken Pox or Shingles disease or the Varicella Vaccine (MCP) unless they claim a religious exemption. Meningococcal Vaccine (MENI) is highly recommended for those students living in on-campus housing. Students that are 18 or younger at the time of matriculation will also be required to have 3 doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine (MHPB). Students who claim religious exemption, in the event of an outbreak, will be asked to leave campus to prevent infection. Under Georgia law, we are required to notify students they may also need to be immunized for Meningitis and Hepatitis B. The Tetanus-Diphtheria Vaccine (MTD) must have been given within the past 10 years to satisfy the requirement.

Do I have to attend Orientation?

Yes - all new students are required to go through the virtual Orientation and complete the modules. At the end, there is a  pre-registration survey that must be completed in order to be registered for classes.

When will I actually be registered?

At the end of the orientation modules you will be required to submit the pre-registration survey. New students are not permitted to register themselves for classes nor will their advisor be able to do so as there are registration holds placed on all new student accounts.

You mentioned an academic advisor. How will I know who that is?

All students are assigned an academic advisor based on their campus and major indicated on their application. After your first semester, you can log into your myEGSC account via BannerWeb under the Student Services>View Student Information>Registration window, or by going to the academic department and determine the name of your permanently assigned advisor.

I still have questions, who can I contact?

Please contact the Student Affairs Office at 478-289-2169 for further assistance.

If you have questions regarding payments, student insurance plans, tuition amounts, etc. please contact the Business Office at 478-289-2186.